When a Spanish or foreign client decides to buy a property in Spain, we provide them with the services listed below. They include all of the legal stages required to successfully complete a sale agreement, and thus avoid the numerous potential pitfalls:
- After the client has decided to buy a property, the architect-surveyor issues an approval report for the property, which means the client can be sure they are not buying a property with hidden defects or flaws. This stage is optional, although we recommend that our clients commission this report, given the large amounts of money that are involved.
- We search the Land Registry to find out what the legal situation of the property is, in order to verify whether or not it is encumbered, and if there are any facilities or difficulties attached to its purchase.
- We draw up a private sale agreement before signing the Public Deed at the notary office. It is important to remember that in Spain the private sale agreement is extremely important..
- We execute a power of attorney at the Notary’s office so that in the event of the client being unable to attend the sale, the Public Deed can be notarised at the Notary’s office within the deadline specified in the private sale agreement. If it is not possible to sign the power of attorney in Spain, we collaborate with notary offices in the United Kingdom, and other countries, which means that it can be executed in the country of origin.
- We open bank accounts for our clients in Spain, and if they need finance, we provide advice on mortgages. Our clients have the advantage that financing is generally cheaper in Spain.
- We prepare the documentation needed for the Public Deed, and on the day of signing we either accompany the client, or sign on their behalf with the power of attorney.
- We advise our clients about taxes in Spain, and we also liquidate and pay the taxes on their behalf. We accompany foreign clients to the police station in the area where they are buying to apply for a Foreigner's Identity Number (N.I.E), and arrange for the documentation to be collected and delivered to them or, if they prefer, they can appoint us to be their tax representatives in Spain.
- While the Public Deed (First Copy) is being processed at the Land Registry, we withdraw copies of it on behalf of our clients and send it to their residence.
- We register the Public Deed at the Land Registry.
- Wills. We strongly recommend that all of our Spanish and International clients make a Spanish will, as this is essential if you wish to save your loved ones a long and tedious process when proving their inheritance rights to your assets in Spain. If you draw up a Spanish will, your estate will be probated as quickly as if you were a Spanish citizen.
La inauguración de la línea de AVE a Alicante eleva a 3.100 el número de kil&oa... ... Read more
Las viviendas en venta o alquiler con duración superior a los cuatro meses deberán con... ... Read more
La entrada en vigor de la reforma de la ley hipotecaria provoca en quince días una avalanch... ... Read more
El Congreso dio luz verde la semana pasada a la ley para modificar la Ley de Arrendamientos Urban... ... Read more